Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mother's Day

So, down in Devon for Mother's day. There we all were; myself, Little Boy Wheeler, Muma and Nana Lace as well as Nana's "gentlemen friend" Old Ron. As the occasion included Nana this inevitably involved a meal at The King's Arms in Tedburn St Mary. That's not to say Nana Lace only ever goes to that one place, sometimes, when she's feeling adventurous, she'll go to The Red Lion over the road.

Old Ron offered to buy us all drinks, but sadly I was designated driver. Usually when in Devon I like to do as the Devonians do. By this I mean drinking copious amounts of cider, in case you might of thought I was referring to sleeping with a cousin. As it was, I had to settle for something non-alcoholic, so I asked Old Ron for a J20. I may as well have asked for a cybergenic particle splitter.
"A what?" The elderly gent puzzled.
"A J20." I responded loudly, taking the octogenarian to be deaf.
"I don't know what that is, you'll have to come with me and ask."
"It's fruit juice. Just ask for a Jay-too-0h"
"I don't know about these things, you'll have to come with me.

I think Old Ron is something of a man's man and, quite understandably, rather old fashioned. You should have seen his face when my spinach and ricotta canelloni arrived as he was tucking into his sunday roast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home